We’re all familiar with the myriad ways marketers try to engage their would-be clients. Anyone who’s come home from a vacation to find a half-dozen unrequested catalogs jamming their mailbox, or opened their laptop in the morning to the chime of 30 new spam emails just since midnight, or finally sat down after a long day at work just to be greeted by the incessant ringing of robot telemarketers, or tried to load a web page only to have a giant box of who-knows-what dancing in front of their face, knows how persistent, pervasive, and frankly annoying marketers can be.
You don’t want to be part of that crowd. As an artist, you want to stand out, to engage with your fans—the people who want to hear from you—in a way that keeps them plugged in. Enter mobile marketing.
- FRESH. Marketing via text is still fresh. Even though its praises were sung all the way back in 2009, the relative rarity of text-message marketing to this day means this is not an arena where people are going to have sales-pitch fatigue and instantly tune you out before they know what you have to say.
- VOLUNTARY. Text message marketing is regulated, which means there are procedures in place to make sure end users aren’t getting spammed. When you invite a fan to follow you on Adva Mobile, they send a text to a short code (special shortened number) with your specified keyword; this text will add them to your database, and only yours. And they can change their subscription preferences at any time. With any luck, your messages will be met with a “Heck yeah!” instead of an eye-roll.
- TARGETED. Widespread email campaigns can fall flat before they even get off the ground, or worse yet, turn your potential fans into enemies. Because your fans specifically sign up for your updates, you are targeting only those who actually want to hear from you and are excited about what you’re doing. That’s the makings of a motivated buyer!
- PERSONAL. With text marketing, you can decide what you want to say to your fans and when. And on Adva Mobile’s platform, you can even qualify which level of fan you want to send what messages to, using their interaction-based Engagement Score. Let’s say you’ve got a gig coming up and you want to make sure that club is packed—you can reach out to your SuperFans with a special incentive to bring a few friends, or get a show-night contest going among your greater fan base that motivates them to want to be where the action is.
- INSTANT. Sure, with smartphones we all have email in our pockets. And Facebook. But, as valuable as those tools are, most of us have also devised clever ways to procrastinate reading those emails or Facebook posts till we’ve got nothing else going on. Texting is instant. Short, sweet, and to the point. The phone dings or buzzes or flashes a notification, and your message has instantly got the attention of your fans. Heck, you may even give them an excuse to daydream about something fun during that tedious work meeting—more points for you!
- EASY. Setting up your account with Adva Mobile is super easy! We want you to be able to take care of your marketing needs as quickly as possible so you can get back to doing what you do—creating. With user stats at your fingertips and simple pre-designed forms to make your communications, contests, sales and giveaways as straightforward as possible, there’s no reason not to set up an account today.
Your fans are waiting to hear from you!